Can someone please tell me how to use a torrent, so I can download a game.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by OptoElectronics_Kayla, Apr 1, 2009.

1. OptoElectronics_Kayla

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    GAH! I am so frustrated right now! I just want to download resident evil 1 directors cut. So I can help my friend beat it on her gamecube and I love the game series lol. And I have not a clue about torrents. And I really need to no how use one. And how to get the game to work. And what I need to do. gahh. Please someone help. Thanks much apperciate it.

2. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Here is how to download a Debian ISO Image using bittorrent in linux
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-command-line-bittorrent-client.html

As far as downloading anything that is copyrighted, that is illegal. There are quite a few games out now based on the quake engine (Open Source/GNU License) that are pretty huge, and so are distributed by torrents, I never heard of the one you are referring to though.

For windows, try uTorrent to get an image from debian.org A Real OS helps a lot. :)

3. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    <snip>
    <snip>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
  4. m4yh3m

Apr 28, 2004
    this entire thread should be deleted, given the intentions of OP is illegal.

5. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Apparently this is not trading in copyrighted material.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  6. OptoElectronics_Kayla

Mar 24, 2009
    I'm sorry to cause illegal talk in the forum. I just was curious. But I figured it out anyways and it gave me tons of viruses. So ya... im pretty much done with the torrents now ( I used Bitorrent). But thanks for the help guys, you all are really helpful.

7. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Be sure to delete the microtorrent agent from you computer, or you stay a part of a kind of botnet.

8. OptoElectronics_Kayla

Mar 24, 2009
    I did delete it but its still in my files. I deleted it out of my files, uninstall programs, etc. and it still remains there but, it wont open so I figured I should be okay.