can someone please help me try an fix this?

jonr991

Joined Nov 3, 2014
There's no way to sugar coat it - I'd have given up on it by now!

How many loops are out and bunched up?

It doesn't look like winding loose wire back onto the spool is a practical proposition.

Your only hope is to separate out the loops of escaped wire, cut off the excess and join the ends - any mistakes will cross-couple sections of winding - if you even have continuity through the coil, you could end up with a section of winding shorting round in a loop.

Must admit; I'd bite my lip on the sentimental bit, and buy another to nick parts from.

There's two loops on it and that's it, that's and the two original ends.

So cut them if it comes to it, sand off the insulation and solder them back together?

I'd be game for buying another one if need be. I'd figure maybe just another small electro magnet similar to this one maybe as a part?

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
There's two loops on it and that's it, that's and the two original ends.

So cut them if it comes to it, sand off the insulation and solder them back together?

?
Looks a bit thin wire for sanding, just scrape enough so you can get some solder on the copper and melt the enamel off all the way round.

You need small, neat lap joints to leave room for some insulation - Sellotape is probably as thin as it gets.

jonr991

Joined Nov 3, 2014
Looks a bit thin wire for sanding, just scrape enough so you can get some solder on the copper and melt the enamel off all the way round.

You need small, neat lap joints to leave room for some insulation - Sellotape is probably as thin as it gets.

Can I just straight solder it on the board? Also where to, those positive and negative spots or the two lower solder points?