Can someone help me please?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by scruff, Jun 3, 2013.

1. scruff

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Hello everybody.

I was wondering does anyone know how to convert a schematic pdf I have of a pcb I need made to a format that can be sent to a pcb manafacturer?

The company who designed the schematic offer it up in their website for people to build but not being so knowledgable in these things I need a little assistance in getting it made.:confused:

I have attached the schematic.

This would be of great help to me if some kind person could put it in a useable format. Thank you.:)

2. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    This schematic is merely a manual, a guide, directions on the topology of the circuit. It is an abstract representation on the structure of the circuit and says nothing about its actual implementation in the real world.

You need to decide on the actual component selection and convert it into a PCB layout in order for a manufacturer to print the Printed Circuit Board, the base onto which your circuit will be built.

It's not rocket science, but knowledge and know-how is required certainly.

Where did you find this schematic?

3. scruff

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 3, 2013
  4. Shagas

May 13, 2013
    Once you have the schematic , the next step is to lay it out in a special software where you can design your PCB layout exactly how you want and label components etc .
    I'm starting to learn EAGLE cad software which is apparently what most people use for this purpose .

Google eagle cad and check out the images on how the finished product looks

5. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Just be sure that the software tool you choose will make files in a format (gerber, for example) that your preferred PCB maker can use. You don't want to invest time creating a drawing in a format you cannot use.