Can someone design this for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

shianhugg

Joined Sep 24, 2013
Can someone design me a circuit board? I need a PCB that will control a brushless DC motor. The board has two connectors the input connector has a battery fed power, ground, wake up wire, and heater supply wire. I want the motor to run off the battery feed and ground and turned on by the wake up wire. I need the motor to only run at 100% and off. The system is 12vdc and is less that 30A not sure on the exact current draw. I have a PCB that has all of these functions however it has a J1939 CAN BUS interface that won’t allow me to use any of them without the interface.
Thank you for your help.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I would think it would be best to try an reverse engineer the part of the circuit that can be used in a stand alone application and figure out a method of interfacing using your desired control method?
Max.

shianhugg

Joined Sep 24, 2013
I tried but i don't have a great understanding of electronic i do have a basic understanding. I would be willing to send someone the PCB if they could figure it out for me.

shianhugg

Joined Sep 24, 2013
I would pay someone to do it for me but was not looking to spend nearly that much. I already have way more into this project than i wanted to. I can work around having the circuit board built and go about it a different way. I just wanted this to work.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I would pay someone to do it for me but was not looking to spend nearly that much. I already have way more into this project than i wanted to. I can work around having the circuit board built and go about it a different way. I just wanted this to work.
Don't worry shianhugg, we were just joking. We wouldn't charge that much to design a PCB. It would help if you provided a schematic though. We have no idea what exactly you want.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
What signal/voltage is the motor expecting on its wake-up wire? DC or PWM? I realise you want to run the motor at 100%, but in the present set-up is its speed controlled over the CAN bus?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
What signal/voltage is the motor expecting on its wake-up wire? DC or PWM? I realise you want to run the motor at 100%, but in the present set-up is its speed controlled over the CAN bus?
Oh hi Alec_t, didn't realize you were a member over here! :)

shianhugg

Joined Sep 24, 2013
The board measures 4.5 x 3 inches. I have attached a picture of it. The board us to control a DEF(diesel exhaust fluid) module out of a 2013 RAM 2500. I have modified the system to used as a water methanol injection system on a 2012 Ram 2500. The circuit board use to control a number of functions, fluid quantity, fluid quality, fluid temperature (if below -20 activate the heater pad to keep the fluid from freezing), injector open and closing, and run the pump (brushless DC motor). The module did all this with 6 incoming wires Battery feed, heater module supply, CAN J1939 4 (-), DCU Wake-up, CAN J1939 4 (+), and ground. The outgoing connection had temperature sensor signal, temperature sensor return, pressure ground, pressure signal, pressure 5-volt supply, level sensor ground, supply pump phase A, supply pump phase B, tank heater supply, tank heater ground, level sensor signal, level sensor 5-volt supply, level signal, supply pump phase C.
All I want it to do now at the minimum is power the pump (15A 12vdc). If I can get it as well is power the heater which should be pretty simple because the temperature sensor is inside the tank and once it reaches -20 it closes the circuit and the runs back to the board and tells it to send 12vdc at 30A to the heater pad.
I don’t have schematic of the circuit board but can send the diagrams for the two connectors that connect tot eh board.

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
While these bids were meant in jest, it won't be ultra cheap to have a board laid out for you. Keep in mind that even if you had the final schematic in a suitable electronic format all ready to go that you are talking about a number of hours of someone's time. That will be especially true if ALL you have is the schematic because then someone has to add in the package and footprint information and possibly assign gates within multigate parts. Then there's the actual layout process, which may or may not be easy.

shianhugg

Joined Sep 24, 2013
I am trying to get the schematic from the manufacture but i don't think they will give them up. Would it be just easier to built from scratch?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Shianhugg,
What "signal" is there to tell the pump to turn on?
You might not need any circuit boards at all.. Just a single automotive "Bosch" type relay.
Just run the "on" signal to the coil and switch the pump on/off with the contacts.

However I suspect this thread might be closed soon as it possibly violates the "no automotive modification" rules of this message board.

shianhugg

Joined Sep 24, 2013
sorry didn't read the rules. Hopefully the moderators will let it go because i am adding something that was never there to begin with and not changeing something that is already there. the pump is turned on via CAN BUS signal over the J1939 4 wires

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
sorry didn't read the rules. the pump is turned on via CAN BUS signal over the J1939 4 wires
ok and what do you intend to be the "turn on signal" with this new circuit board since you aren't using CAN anymore?
Something must tell the pump to "turn on" when needed.. What is that going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.