Can not read schematics.

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by nerdegutta, Apr 20, 2010.

1. nerdegutta

Thread Starter Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi,

does anybody have readable version of these schematics?

I'm planning to build a remote control.

I found the schematic here.

• tx.gif
      tx.gif
      File size:
      3 KB
      Views:
    • rx.gif
      rx.gif
      File size:
      12.6 KB
      Views:
  2. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    these seem very readable to me, what seems to be the issue with them, besides being poorly copied??

B. Morse

3. nerdegutta

Thread Starter Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    It is the transmitter schematic. I can not get all the values...

4. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    how's this?? I edited the pic and added text next to the values....
    tx_edit.gif

B. Morse

5. nerdegutta

Thread Starter Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Great!

Thank you very much. :)

6. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    The circuits are extremely cheap and simple. They use 27MHz so the antennas are very long or the range is very short.
    All the receiver does is turn something on if the transmitter is turned on nearby or if there is interference.

7. nerdegutta

Thread Starter Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi.

That's all I need.

This is what I want:
    I'm a lazy guy, and I sometimes forget to close the garage door. I want to build a gadget that sends a signal, preferable RF, when I have forgotten to close the door. Inside the house, I want to have a little display, with one LED. This LED lights up when the door is open, and is off, when the door is closed. When the door is open, it will close the circuit, and a signal is sent.

Any comments, suggestions or advice?

8. rjenkins

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 6, 2005
    As it is a simple 'signal sensor' switch, it may well be operated by any signal on or near that frequency - radio controlled toys, CB radios, some cordless phones etc..

Anything to do with security or safety (like the door not closing as you are driving in or out) is usually coded so random transmissions are ignored.

9. someonesdad

Jul 7, 2009
    If it were me and I was in my house, I'd find it much easier to just use a microswitch, some wire, an LED, resistor, and a wall wart. Now, I understand that if your garage is quite a ways from the house, running the wire might be the problem, so this might be why you want to use RF. Even in this case, one other thing to think about would be to add a laser pointer and a photodiode and perhaps a transistor or comparator. You could mount the laser to turn on and shine towards the house when the door is open. Use the photodiode to detect the signal and turn on an LED. Mount things up high so someone doesn't get the laser in their eye. While this is more work, I suspect it would be a tad easier than getting an RF transmitter/receiver setup to work.

10. nerdegutta

Thread Starter Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    You are absolutely right. The garage is just next door to the house. It would be much easier to just use wires, but... you know...

The laser idea was quite good. Where can I get one?

11. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    If you still want to use RF, there are some hobby level RF modules you can get... check out this site >> http://www.rentron.com/ for different pre made modules or components to put your own RF tx/rx circuit together.

B. Morse