Can i trust dipmicro.com?

NTech

Joined Jun 2, 2010
Can i trust <snip>

The prices look awfully cheap, but im new to electronic circuit prototyping and am not exactly sure what prices should be around.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Can you trust what? If you want to comparison shop, try Digi-Key or Mouser. Jameco has prices, but one member turned up mismarked parts recently.

nickelflipper

Joined Jun 2, 2010
Have had several orders processed with dipmicro.com, good service with no problems. I would "trust" them with my future business. Beware of smt proto boards though, the thru hole dia. are too small for standard .025"sq. pin headers.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The website is in the US, but is registered as private.
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/dipmicro.com

That fact alone would discourage me from using them; they don't want to be bothered if people have problems.

Jameco is a discount supplier, but will stand behind their products if a problem is discovered. Jameco would be far less of a risk than the site you are looking at.

Digikey, Mouser, Avnet Express, Newark, Farnell, are authorized distributors for numerous manufacturers. In today's economy, "grey market" and outright fakes have reared their ugly heads.

If you want to be certain that you are getting what you are paying for, buy only from authorized distributors.

nickelflipper

Joined Jun 2, 2010
I'll stand up for the little guys out there selling NOS, surplus, or otherwise niche products/parts. Hobby types everywhere use them because they can use paypal, ship standard post, no minimum purchase, and great prices. And for that reason, I wouldn't discount auction sites either for the odds and ends stuff.

If one was into building a commercial product, then by all means use a large distributor of high quality parts. It's all related to the OP's perspective and requirements, which weren't specified.