Can I repair my dead Samsung Galaxy S2?

maskabun

Joined Mar 1, 2012
Guys,

My Samsung Galaxy S2 had drenched in water, it was just for a sec and I immediately pulled out. I tried drying it up with fan heater several times, put it in the bowl of rice more than a week, after all the efforts when I switched on every time it started but then soon shutdown saying your battery life is less than 10%.

I then sent it for repair to mobile operator's service center. They denied repair stating the reason "MOISURE DAMAGE - Liquid intrusion, condensation, dropped in liquid; causing damage to the internal circuit board."

I also tried with the new battery but now it even doesn't boot.

In the below picture, the part in the red circle labelled with yellow sticker is diagnosed as damaged.

Is there any cheaper way I can still bring my phone back to life? Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

Alextodd

Joined Jul 4, 2013
Maskabun it is evident that your Samsung Galaxy S2 is totally out, and I know it has been quite a while you have posted this question. Well you can't fix it on your own, however if you still want to fix it (If you have it with you until now) then i recommend you to go with a third party mobile repairers that are there to fix smartphones under a very small banner, they might help you out with something. As it is a Moisture Damage and they say that the internal circuit board is damaged then you should ask them to insert a used S2 internal boards, as now it is an old cellular phone therefore there are a good number of used circuit boards available at a very low price. So it will surely not cost you much. I hope this answer works for you :)