can I post

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by magnet18, Nov 27, 2013.

1. magnet18

Thread Starter Senior Member

Dec 22, 2010
    I cant post in general, lets see if I can post in off topic

for some off topic fun, what's your favorite thanksgiving food

[EDIT]
    it appears i CAN post in off topic, mods, is there any reason my post won't go through in general electronics chat?

2. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    to keep the thread legitimate, my favorite is homemade bread :)

3. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Sigh... another glitch in the system.

I guess you know about the 20 character title rule and probably that's not your case.

I'd close the AAC tab, clear the cache and try again. If this persists, usually this kind of problem goes away in 2-3 days.

I'm sorry you're having troubles.

4. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    clearing the cache worked, thanks!

5. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    How is college working out for you?

Did you have a revelation about your future self yet?

6. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    haha, no revelation yet, college is going good though

with all the experience and things I've learned on here, I got an internship last summer working on NASA satellites!

then I finally started on technical classes this year, everywhere I interview finds that interesting :)

How about you, have you graduated yet?
    you were close to graduating last I checked in here if I remember correctly, I feel like I haven't been on in ages!

7. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Hi Magnet, great to see you!

I don't really have a favorite food, I prefer to have my Thanksgiving dinner buffet-style, with turkey, corn, beans, peas, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mashed potatoes with home-made gravy, carrots, and pumpkin (or squash) pie for dessert. I also love the occasional ham thrown into the mix :D I can't say I have any one favorite food though...

8. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    Hi!
    sounds like you like quite the feast!

9. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I certainly do, and I thankfully don't even have to cook everything myself! I generally meet with my family--my parents, my 5 siblings, brother-in-law, niece, nephew, and sometimes a few others. A lot of them are excellent cooks, so it all comes together very well :D

10. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I 'm one course short of graduation. But it's strike season again in Greece. Has been for the last 2.5 months and everything is shut down. I'm doing a PhD unofficially though. What gives, eh? That's Greece for ya. I'm really uncertain for my future. I'm trying to find a way out of here, since political turmoil makes my prospects here look grim.

11. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    I would be looking for a way out too, where are you hoping to go?

12. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I'm getting more and more interested and specialized in UAVs, so anywhere in the world where an employer would want someone to fill a relevant control systems engineer job would be good.

13. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    Well I know there's plenty of defense work in the US along those lines, especially if you're willing to live in some of the desert areas
    unfortunately UAV's are almost exclusively military, so citizenship might be a hurdle

If you haven't already, you might start calling up any company you can find that deals with UAV's and just ask what your next steps should be if you want to be considered for employment

Believe it or not, just calling on the phone and taking initiative will really get you a good impression
    I worked with a girl over the summer that almost didn't get the job, but because she took the initiative to find the HR rep's phone number and called to make sure everything was going smoothly and that everything got submitted properly, they gave her a chance

14. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    If you have the qualifications needed, there are visa's available for foreign nationals in the U.S. Depending on the work, you may need some form of security clearance.

I know a foreign national where one company thought the mere fact he held a lower level security clearance from an earlier internship was a factor in his eventual hiring.

Georacer likes this.
  15. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Getting back on topic our new favorite Thanksgiving food is something called "stuffing waffles."

Technically, stuffing goes inside the bird, and dressing is made along side the bird, this is really dressing but people have ignored this for years now.

So what's the best part of stuffing? Did you say the harder crusty outer part? Well you don't get much of that in the pan, correct?

So take the stuffing (dressing) mixture, and instead of baking it put it into a waffle maker. Set it on high and let it run twice as long as your waffles take... check them and calibrate your own waffle maker and mixture.

This year we made two stuffing waffles per person, and the pan stuffing did not get touched.

16. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    I forgot: thread is useless without pics:

[​IMG]

17. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    No pictures but, slice your egg plant ,just use the larger pieces...dip them in flour and

egg to hold the Italian bread crumbs ,then deep fry the egg plant slices in good oil.

That what I am eating now ,with spaghetti and tomato sauce. U'm so good.

18. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    What are you eating with the cranberry sauce ,cranberry sauce is one of my favorites.

19. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    Yep, fried egg plant and red sauce! ...Delish!

For Thanksgiving... Turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes drenched in gravy.