Can Anybody Help With These 2 Questions On My College Work???

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by JLW87, Oct 11, 2010.

1. JLW87

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 11, 2010
    What would happen if spooling wasn't present??? (all I can find on google is spooling to do with a printer, but Im looking for it to do with applications)

Operating systems provide a standardised look and feel to application program elements such as File Open or File Save dialogs. What are the benefits to the computer user and application developer???

Any help would be great!! :)

Thanks in advance :p
  2. JLW87

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 11, 2010
    I was going to write something along the lines that if there was no spooling then some data would take a long time to be transferred.

And the benefits are the computer user will be able to manage everything on their computer more quickly and im not to sure about the application developer :(

Im not sure if i have answered them totally wrong :mad:
  3. someonesdad

Jul 7, 2009
    You need to post the actual questions, as what you've given is confusing. In the context of computers, "spooling" usually has to do with the print spooler. The idea is basically buffering up a task so that the OS isn't held up waiting for slow hardware.

The OS usually has absolutely nothing to do with the look and feel of the user's interaction. If you or your teacher think so, then I suggest you consult some standard textbooks on operating systems, as the usual OS concepts are dealing with things at a much lower level, like file systems, hardware, scheduling of processes and threads, etc.