can anybody compile this

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I peeked at the first zip with the two asm files. These look like standard MPLAB asm code, so that is all you need.

MPLAB is a free download from Microchip.com. You can get it there and make these for yourself.

Start a new project with your correct PIC device and include the asm file. Then hit build. I don't believe you will need to worry about the linker file unless it does something special, the standard link files are now included by default.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Check the case of the letters in "p16f5x.inc" against the folder mentioned.
Strange that it isn't "p16f877a.inc" or similar.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
install little program called "Everything":
http://www.voidtools.com/

it will quickly index your HDD (on my 750Gb laptop drive, this took 5-6 seconds), then type whatever part of file name you are looking for. if it is on your computer, you will know it in a fraction of a second.

superayman

Joined Apr 1, 2013
Build C:\Users\Ayman\Desktop\New folder (8)\encode for device 16F877A
Using driver C:\Program Files\HI-TECH Software\PICC\9.83\bin\picc.exe

Make: The target "C:\Users\Ayman\Desktop\New folder (8)\enc-052.p1" is out of date.
Executing: "C:\Program Files\HI-TECH Software\PICC\9.83\bin\picc.exe" -C C:\Users\Ayman\Desktop\encoder-parallel\enc-052.asm -q --chip=16F877A -P --runtime=default --opt=default -D__DEBUG=1 -g --asmlist "--errformat=Error [%n] %f; %l.%c %s" "--msgformat=Advisory[%n] %s" "--warnformat=Warning [%n] %f; %l.%c %s"
Error [141] C:\Users\Ayman\Desktop\encoder-parallel\enc-052.asm; 24.21 can't open include file "p16f5x.inc": No such file or directory
Make: The target "C:\Users\Ayman\Desktop\New folder (8)\mtxv4.p1" is out of date.
Executing: "C:\Program Files\HI-TECH Software\PICC\9.83\bin\picc.exe" -C C:\Users\Ayman\Desktop\encoder-parallel\mtxv4.asm -q --chip=16F877A -P --runtime=default --opt=default -D__DEBUG=1 -g --asmlist "--errformat=Error [%n] %f; %l.%c %s" "--msgformat=Advisory[%n] %s" "--warnformat=Warning [%n] %f; %l.%c %s"
Error [141] C:\Users\Ayman\Desktop\encoder-parallel\mtxv4.asm; 42.22 can't open include file "p16F5x.inc": No such file or directory

********** Build failed! **********

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
first of all why are you including something for pic16f5x into project using pic16f7xx? those chips are different.

next, if your compiler cannot find the *.inc file, you have to check your compiler settings including paths. program like Everything will allow you to quickly locate any file anywhere on a computer.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
First you are using the wrong driver. Your project is assembler project and NOT a Hi-Tech C project. I suggest you build a new project folloewing the steps shown in this document. Of course select the correct chip for your project.
http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/noppp/mplab.pdf
You are using a pic16f7xx series chip. And not a 16f57 28 pin chip. If I remember correct the 16f877 is a 40 pin IC. It could be that some modifications to the code. Will be needed.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
you don't have to use anything from that website. you can write your own code.

sender:
read inputs and encode them into a word of data.
send the word data (using R232 or bit banging)

receiver:
receive word of data, decode it and drive outputs.

both sender and receiver must use consistent timing, for example if using RS232, both must be set to same baud rate.

your channel can be piece of wire between sender and receiver (convenient for development). then you can replace wire with IR or RF...

the point is, if you want to build something that others have designed, use it as is (unless you know how to modify it). but if you can program, you can do everything yourself, and you get the understanding on how to expand or change the system when need arises.

to compile the code i simply had to:
1. extracted ZIP files into separate folders,
2. started MPLAB
3. Menu Project>Project Wizard
4. Select PIC15F57 and give project name such as senter or receiver
5. Navigate to one of folders to save it
6. Import all content of the folder
7. Hit compile (Compiles OK).

but compiled code is for PIC16F57, a low cost device which is also available as a free sample. this means it is not worth wasting time. btw there is only some 20 instructions in PIC vocabulary, not exactly a big deal to get familiar with.