Can any one tell me what is this part

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
So do i go for Color Code "Orange" Thermal fuse?
Still going with the thermal fuse idea...
A blown thermal fuse would indicate something overheated. Before ordering anything, my approach would be to jumper the thermal fuse and briefly see if the control functions normally. Pay attention to the temperature of the transistor on the other side.

Ken

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Remember that this is a "thermal" fuse. Be quick and heavily heat sink the leads when you solder it in, otherwise you will just blow the new one. Had a guy that worked for me that couldn't figure out why all the new ones he soldered in were open.

Ken

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
YES! Clamp pliers on the leads on the top side of the PCB while you solder the foil side. And be quick.

Ken
In the days of germanium semiconductors, most electronics tool suppliers stocked aluminium tweezers to heat-shunt component leads, The tweezers crossed over in the middle so you squeeze them to release the lead.

In practice, they didn't grip very tightly and weren't all that effective - it was a better plan to make sure the leads and copper pads were clean and prepared for soldering, so the joint could be made quickly with minimum heating to the part being fitted.