can any one help...........

n_prithivi

Joined Jan 4, 2009
i am doing a project 'solar mobile charger' i have a 3V solar panel. i have to charge a 6V internal battery. then from there to a mobile........... could any one help me by giving a circuit diagram

THANK YOU FRIEND

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
You need to use a boost DC to DC converter to step up the 3V to 6V as to be able to charge the battery. Search in google for it.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
This sounds like a homework assignment. Is it?

Trying to charge a 6v battery from a 3v solar cell will be very inefficient. For every 1mA charging current, you'll need roughly 3mA from the 3v supply, even if you have a very efficient circuit.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Seems to me it would be more efficient to get a solar panel that produced something like 15VDC, and plug it into the cigarette lighter.

italo

Joined Nov 20, 2005
I sugest that you add 2 more panels to get to 9v. solar panels are specified as voltage and current output. you know one find the other specification. at 3v volts looks like you need 2 but 6 volts batteries are not 6 volts like 12v battery are not 12v more like 13.68v to be exact. so two would probably never fully charge the battery. 3 will. adding circuitry to make >6v will be ineficient except if the 3 v solar has quite of power output. which i ruther think not.