Camera Sound...

redlight000

Joined Feb 26, 2010

Hi all,

can anyone help on a circuit, that simulates the charge up sound of a camera?? I know this post is a bit flimsy, but dont know how to go about it.. really.. honest here...

any rough circuit ideas or links.. would be appriciated...
thanks.

redLight000
:D

kingdano

Joined Apr 14, 2010
i am by no means an expert...

but let me see if i have the requirements correct..

you want to design a circuit which makes the same noise as a flash charging on a camera - the high pitched wind-up?

i think the most sensical approach would be to actually copy a flash charge circuit verbatim though, then you wouldnt have to devise a way to mimc the sound.

redlight000

Joined Feb 26, 2010
Hi Markd77,

Yes mark, thats what I would like.. If I get a circuit if you can help me.. I be very greatfull.
thankyou.
I be putting the sound out of a ceramic earpiece... ok.. theres no load on them and very good as a output device on sounds apps) of course... limits apply
cheers
:D

kingdano

Joined Apr 14, 2010
A quick Google search offered up a lot of useful websites for charge circuits:

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/camera-flash2.htm

http://www.fancon.cz/slave-flash-trigger/slave-flash-en.html

If i were you i would start with the second link, and build it up to make sure the circuit works.

If you want to amplify the sound you could use a microphone near the flash bulb and use a simple audio amplifier circuit - i am sure if you use the search function of the website there have been many discussed here already.

Last edited:

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
To be honest I don't know aneasy way to do it. The first link posted by kingdano looks useful. You wouldn't need the second transformer. The noise comes from vibrations in the transformer windings so could be complex. There are dangerous voltages in flash circuits and they are stored in the capacitor even when the battery is disconnected so I think maybe some research into 555 oscillator chips and ramp generators to get the increasing frequency could be in order.

kingdano

Joined Apr 14, 2010
There are dangerous voltages in flash circuits and they are stored in the capacitor even when the battery is disconnected so I think maybe some research into 555 oscillator chips and ramp generators to get the increasing frequency could be in order.
Please, please be careful when working with this circuit - properly ground yourself and everything you are working with.

Better yet, if you are inexperienced with testing circuitry in general best to not start with something dangerous like this.