Camera module

shifty

Joined Oct 11, 2013
Bit of a one post wonder, so sorry about that.

How would you wire up one of these?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...era-Microscope-Endscope/610389_570050614.html

There is a diagram that has each output labelled. I plan to hook up a yellow RCA cable to the yellow CVBS point.

I presume the red DC5V point is for the positive feed from the DC source (the spec sheet says 3.3-3.6V not 5V!)

And then the white point is labelled VLED which I presume represents the LED but it seems odd that it is powered seperately (unless it is a way to adjust the brightness).

And black is labelled GND (presumably ground).

This means that there is no negative/neutral, so I am guessing that either GND or VLED are labelled wrong.

Anyone wired something similar, or can someone explain how I could check with a voltmeter?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
GND is the same as Negative for the power supply and video ground. (Neutral is usually reserved for AC supply.)

The LEDs are indeed separately powered, I think, and you'll need more information to use them properly. The VLED could be a control input rather than a power input, but I'd bet it's just the V+ supply to the diodes, and that they share the ground with the power and video signal. Anyway, you ned to know how to drive that pin if you need to use those LEDs.

shifty

Joined Oct 11, 2013
Just had a thought....

so does the GND terminal need to be hooked up to the negative feed on the DC power supply AND on the RCA cable?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Yes. Make sure your power supply ground will not pass current to the video device's ground, if these are separately powered. Before bringing the grounds together, look for an AC voltage. Then try placing a 200Ω to 1kΩ resistor between them and look again for a voltage across the resistor.