camera made from the optical mouse sensor issue

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by walid el masry, Nov 29, 2009.

1. walid el masry

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 31, 2009
    is that true if we used the optical sensor in the optical mouse with the wright lens that we can make a cheap camera which can be used in small robots and .. etc

i do a search on it but i think it would be helpful if i asked you here about that and if there are a cheap way to interface a cheap camera either :D to capture photos in gray scale it's ok i would be grateful to hear it from you

thnx

2. walid el masry

Mar 31, 2009
    for now i started with that

Agilent ADNS-2610
    Optical Mouse Sensor
    Data Sheet

if you wanna take a look here you are Download

3. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009

I used the ADNS2083 in my project here >> http://www.morse-code.com/id55.htm

Worked well as a gray scale imaging device for robotics and even crude scanning capabilities....

My .02

4. walid el masry

Mar 31, 2009
    i know about morse code but i didn't understand what meant by morse code encoder, do you mean that you use here a morse code by light and make the process of encoding on it using a controller or what ?

what i get about the operation of the optical mouse is that it captures a photo of the current position and compare it with another came from moving the mouse then make a processing on it and extract info about the x-y movement which sent and translated on the pc into cruser move

what i wanna to do is to take the photo captured by the sensor and store it even on the pc or a memory card and in the future may display it on LCD and it is the same for capturing a photo or video

5. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009

:D NO, my website is called Morse-Code, it has nothing to do with Morsecode (telegraph although I am distantly related to Samuel) or how the sensor is used.....

and yes you can use it to capture images but it has an I2C interface so you will need a uc to connect to it.....

My .02

6. walid el masry

Mar 31, 2009
    aha you mean that the circuit included on the link is some kind of biasing circuit for the sensor and the type of the communication with the sensor is the I2C

i thought it was RS-232 communication and i it would be a good chance to learn it but it is clear that i will need to learn the I2C too :D

any way never mind and if you know a good tutorial to learn the I2C or the RS-232 protocols it would be grateful to hear from you and thnx a lot for fast replay

and by the way what is "My .02" stand for :D