calibration procedure both factorial and written procedure

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by shahnawaz, Jan 10, 2009.

1. shahnawaz

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 30, 2008
    hi you all
    can any one please tell me what is the procedure of current callibration of a MCU of a rectifier system. and what will happend if i put low load on a high load output rectifier system.
    and please tell me what kind of digitization a callibration function use. i mean analoge to digital converter.

best regards,
  2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    You really need to give more information. Like why a "rectifier system" would need a supervisory MCU. What is being "calibrated"?

If you simply wish to observe a rectifier by digitizing and analyzing the data, then your question about the A to D converter makes more sense. Then your choice of converter is driven by how precisely your measurement must be. 10 bits lets you measure 1 part in 1024. 12 bits is one part in 4096. 16 bits is 1 part in 32768.
  3. shahnawaz

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 30, 2008
    i need to calibrate a rectifier system just because it is not giving me proper current value. means i took measurments through, its giving me 25 ampere at charging mode and battery bank taking + 5 ampere at charging mode. but my MCU are giving me -80 ampere at charging mode for load and -62 ampere for charging the battery.

during charging battery should be + and during discharging it should be -ve
    what you say how i callibrate it, ite eltek brand rectifier system.
  4. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    If turn off all power and use analog meter ,some time you can short
    terminals,and ajust to zero to calibrate.Can you try to help me.
    Don't do this until an expert tell you what to do.JUst an opinion
    don't do it.