Calculating voltage gain on a CE Amplifier

ajqattan

Joined Sep 17, 2008
I can't seem to find a basic calculator with a simple formula for this. All the ones online are way too intricate and ask for variables such as temperature etc.

A CE amplifier has the following values for AC signal: v_b=±60mV, i_b=±40uA, v_c=±3V and i_c=±3.2mA. I need to calculate the voltage gain for A_V.

If someone can point me in the direction of a formula or a calculator it'd be much appreciated. Thank you for your time :)

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I can't seem to find a basic calculator with a simple formula for this. All the ones online are way too intricate and ask for variables such as temperature etc.

A CE amplifier has the following values for AC signal: v_b=±60mV, i_b=±40uA, v_c=±3V and i_c=±3.2mA. I need to calculate the voltage gain for A_V.

If someone can point me in the direction of a formula or a calculator it'd be much appreciated. Thank you for your time :)
A calculator teaches you nothing about electronics.
In a CE amplifier, the input is on the base, and the output is on the collector (which you should already know). You have been given more information than you need. Post your answer, and we'll go from there.