calculate current in transistor circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by TAKYMOUNIR, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Starter Active Member

Jun 23, 2008
    is there is circuit has alot of transistors and show all the current because i need to understand how to calculate the current in big circuit has alot transistors
  2. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    I don't think it will be easy to find such a schematic, since signals in these circuits usually change dynamically and therefore current (that also changes) will not be indicated.

If I wanted to do something like this I'd take any DC circuit that contains a number of transistor or I'd look for IMAGES on Google typing for example "schematic transistor". You pick one of the thousands of schematics, put it into a simulator like SPICE or MULTISIM or any other. Let it do the calculations for an DC-input signal . Then you do your own calcs and try to understand what the simulator calculated and if there are discrepancies.

Don't choose oscillators or audio amplifiers to start , it will get too complex.
    TAKYMOUNIR likes this.

Nov 30, 2010
    The way to figure a current budget is to break the circuits down into one section at a time, figure the current, and add them all together. It can be a long list!
    TAKYMOUNIR likes this.