CA AV uninstall problem

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by electronis whiz, May 26, 2012.

1. electronis whiz

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I entered something from tiger direct and won a couple CA internet security suite keys. I used the one had about a week left I got tired of all the renew notices and I believe security essentials was better always. Wouldn’t show up in add/ remove programs or revo uninstller. went to the start menu group and it had an uninstall but it said restart required before this can be done so I did and did this 3 times and still same result. So I decided ok I’ll just kill the process and backup and delete the registry keys for it. Then I deleted the program files I could. However there is one in program files (on a 64 bit system) that fail to delete saying its in use in another program. Even from safe mode, safe mode command prompt all fail. Even after restarting since the registry keys are gone it shouldn't run. So I'm kind of lost on what else to try. It’s not a big deal but would like to free up the space. Also in the notification area settings still exist for it as well as in the right click on a file but has no options under it. Are these other files I need to remove or is it registry?
    Just going to forget the other keys it’s not worth the hassle again on any system. Probubly will avoid any CA product now. It’s even worse than AVG. when this was running the system took 5-10 possibly 15 min to shutdown. (But that’s just my opinion I personally don't care for AVG. I have nothing against anybody that likes either of these)

2. electronis whiz

Jul 29, 2010
    it also gives windows error when i download a file saying CA antivirus has stoped responding.

3. electronis whiz

Jul 29, 2010
    i beleve i just resolved the isue. had to use external divice to acces hard drive and delete it. I personaly would not recomend CA internet secutrity suite.