C5505 evm ecg interface in simulink

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by talhak, May 30, 2011.

1. talhak

Thread Starter New Member

May 30, 2011
    hi,
    I have C5505 EVM, and I am doing ECG implementation on it. So far I have successfully got the results of ECGs. Now I am trying to interface the Kit with the Matlab/Simulink. i achieved signals Simulink using Instrument Toolbox in simulink but the output is all noisy. i also have to differentiate between ecg leads signals for further analysis. Please if anyone can advice me on this...

Talha.

2. guitarguy12387

Apr 10, 2008
    Can you give us some technical info? Schematics, code, block diagrams, etc...

Noise could be from lots of different things... can you quantify it? Picture?

3. talhak

Thread Starter New Member

May 30, 2011
    hi,
    Thanks for the reply...I am posting the block diagram of the simulink model. i have applied the DeMux but the scope is showing this kind of the output. I think the simulink is showing all output of different leads of ECG together...

i have attached the file as u can see, i used 9 scopes cause i thought serial data is comprise of 99 channels. but all scopes have this kind of output with some changes and amplitude is very much...

One thing more i dont understand the DATA SIZE option in SERIAL RECIEVE BLOCK PROPERTIES...

4. sooraj kumar12

Jan 16, 2014

Could you please send me the Simulation models and various codes? I urgently need them. help will b appreciated.Thank u.

5. ActivePower

Mar 15, 2012
    Please do not try to hijack someone else's thread. Also asking for someone to 'give away' their project like that isn't very nice.

@talhak
    It could have something to do with how you framed the serial data when sending it to MATLAB. There is a chance of flooding the serial buffer in the absence of any form of signalling or flow control which can cause 'noisy' output - you might miss some data too. How exactly are you framing your packets? Is there a sufficient delay in sending them?

How do you know that? Did you test it with some other equipment?

The more details you could give, the better.

Hope this helps.