C programming for PIC30F3011

mpnvineeth

Joined Sep 3, 2012
Dear all,
I am a fresher in the world of microcontrollers. I have started working with dsPIC30F3011, and I am using MPLAB IDE along with MikroC. My doubt is, how do we program the input output ports in my C code? The answers 'TRISB' and the like, I am not expecting, as my C code is supposed to have only high level language instructions, not any name of registers. (I am doing a project where i am supposed to work with floating point numbers and hence i was suggested dsPIC30F3011 as a good choice.)

Thank You.

Last edited:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
The answer you are not expecting is the exactly correct one. C may not know about those registers, but the include files certainly do. You don't see them in the Mikro compiler as it hides them inside a dot-C file it automatically includes into your project without telling you.

Had you chosen a Microchip compiler you would need to explicitly #include the proper header file to do the same.

Sounds like you should spend some time looking over whatever examples your compiler provided you with.

mpnvineeth

Joined Sep 3, 2012
I Thank you dear ErnieM for that reply.
I ahve later gone through some code examples and I found what you sad is true. Hope your help in future too...

blind2_man

Joined May 12, 2008
The integer calculation it is usualy mush faster then floting point. I would sugest to swith from floting point to fix point calculation. Search for example Q format to represent numbers in fixed point.
The major disadvantage is that you have set up resolution for each signal.