c programming book or lectures containg problems and solutions

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by hamis, May 12, 2008.

1. hamis

Thread Starter New Member

May 12, 2008
    hi everey body in our forum.hope evey one is cool. i have some prpblems with c prpgramming especiall in solving some problems.

so can any one in our forum member send to me books of c programming or even lectures with problems and solutions so that i can help me in understanding well this lesson

my email.wmimi11@yahoo.com
    thankx

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I recommend that you study existing open source programs rather than books.

Here is an interesting set of cross assemblers for the 8051, 6805 and Z8.
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/download/15592/download.aspx

A cross assembler is a non-trivial problem with lots of little sub-problems that require solutions. Let me know what you think of this approach.

3. roddefig

Apr 29, 2008
    I would recommend "The C Programming Language" by Kernighan and Ritchie. It's widely considered to be the C "bible" and it's a good book to have around if you plan to keep working with C.

4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Agreed - highly recommended. I picked up a tatty copy from a second hand book store sale and it has served me well.

Dave

guru200773 likes this.
  5. Mark44

Nov 26, 2007
    I agree that K&R is a good book to have as a C reference, but I wouldn't pick it as one to use to learn C, since it's a small book with only a few examples. As a programming language, C has been more-or-less eclipsed by C++, so if you walked into a bookstore, I don't think you would see very many books that exclusively treated C.

You might be able to find used books, though, at places like abebooks.com. Here are a few that might be useful for learning C:
    A Book on C, Al Kelley and Ira Pohl, publ. by Benjamin Cummings
    C: An Advanced Introduction, Narain Gehani, publ. by Computer Science Press
    Advanced C, Herbert Schildt, publ. by Osborne McGraw-Hill
    The Waite Group's Essential Guide to ANSI C, Naba Barkakati, publ. by Howard W. Sams & Co. (reference)

I have several others, but they're packed away in a box in my garage.
    Mark