C Compiler!

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Hi All!

I need a C Compiler for Windows 7 32 bit! I am currently using Visual Studio 2010...it works Ok but creates several other files...Kind of annoying!

You can provide links if any...

Thanks!
If you don't give the information what type of softwares you want to write with that C compiler, it is difficult to write an answer that makes sense.

VS (Visual Studio) includes documentation (at least the paid versions), native support of different Microsoft technologies such as DirectX, GDI+, .NET (for example), and there is a strong online community (MSDN forums). As well, many print books do exist.

If the ancient Turbo C or the Borland C are mentioned, they only include a tiny percentage of all that functionality.

It depends also on how complex are the programs you typically write or want to write.

In VS you can generate a blank form using the wizard. You can read explanation of all the language basics directly from the documentation on your computer. You get examples.

All this is actually missing from UNIX and LINUX C compilers (Free BSD for instance). You need insider knowledge or good literature to get these working.

I have used Turbo C sometimes. It is totally antiquated. Segmented MSDOS memory.

BReeves

Joined Nov 24, 2012
If you want to write Windows programs look at Borland C++ Builder. Early versions might be available on eBay, current version is way overpriced for the individual. I use Version 5 which is quite old but still works fine for 32 bit Windows and the resulting EXE's run fine in Windows 7.

It's GUI is the most straight forward and easiest to use of anything available, writing a Windows app is as easy as dropping a component on a form and setting the properties. It will compile old C code just as well as C++ code and many free add in components can be found on the internet.

I have Visual Studio 2010 pro but never use it because Builder is so much easier to get around in.