C Code Programming Help With Keil uVision4

kpin414

Joined Apr 22, 2013
Hello There!

I have c code program for a project "PC controlled scrolling message display" and compiling it with Keil uVision4. I am new with this C programming code and trying to debug the program errors and warnings. I have been debug all the errors, but stuck with a warning message which i am unable to debug and tried a lot to debug but no luck at all. Can somebody out there help me to debug and make it run this c code program. Attached is the c code file and uVision screenshot to be consider if any. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Enter_strings() is called once and once only, and it is called from the ISR.

Warning 15 pops up when you call a function from inside an ISR. Since you don't need to call that function just merge it into your ISR. You will get other problems later but it may compiler clean (or at least cleaner).

The hidden problem is you have a polling loop in the ISR, and nothing guarntees you will complete the poll before the next interrupt occurs. Usually missing an interrupt means trouble.

kpin414

Joined Apr 22, 2013
Hello ErnieM! thank you very much for your suggestion. As stated in my post i am new with this coding scheme and its getting hard to me to understand easily. Can you please assist me in simple step-by-step process what i have to do first to debug the current warning and then next step. Can you please modify the "Enter_string ()" code within the attached c code so that i can understand more clearly. Once again thanks a lot for your valuable support.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Typical fashion is for you to give it a whirl and post it, then a member will review your work and make corrections. When helping with code so many people come here expecting to get their homework done that we want you to attempt the fix before you waste and experts time doing it. :) GL Embedded Tech's a Bitch!

Plus having it done for you doesn't teach you anything.