Bye from me ...

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Somewhat in the mode of #12, I feel the need to move on and make a permanent break with AAC. It's been a great experience but all good things come to an end.

So, to quote a well known movie line :
"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Good buy t_n_k! Thank you for making AAC a more interesting place! I hope to meet you again under more pleasant circumstances.

All the best,
Georacer

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
A moderator did not approve of my duplicate farewell post and hence had deleted it.

Farewell all. It was nice knowing you all.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Being here is always a mixture of gratification and frustration. Each person has to decide when the balance isn't working for them. Sometimes a vacation is in order. Sometimes you just grow into different interests. :(

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
One can only hope TNK and MRCHIPS are going on sabbatical and will return re-energized. I know it's a hard decision to walk away from a forum that your blood, sweat, and tears had help on it's way to zenith.

It's members like you, in the trenches daily, that made AAC thrive, make no mistake about it.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I don't suppose you have read the book or seen the film?
I saw the film, many years ago. Great movie. It immediately came to mind when I wrote that sentence. I think the most recent version as done by Peter O'toole, and the original film was done in the 1930's. ?
Didn't know there was a book, though... now you've made me curious and I might read it one of these days.