Buy online? Eh?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lightfire, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Lightfire

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Hello,

I have seen many people buying their wanted items on the internet. But I am afraid to be belong to them.:)I might be scammed.

Also, even though, I won't get scammed. I can't. Because I don't have a credit card because of my age.:)

But anyway, I don't know my parents if they have.

But, how the transaction on internet-buying begins or starts?

Would somebody that have already purchased online give me an idea about buying online??????????

2. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
  3. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    I only buy online... but out of necessity, rather than choice...
    If you can buy in person go that route, it's much better and you're less likely to get scammed or worse.

4. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    But...

For example, I bought something worth 100.00 US dollars (about 4,323.01574 pesos). Then what?

what's the next procedure???

i want to buy online because most things i wanted were there...

5. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    It is just like buying in a store...kinda

You shop the website, put the items you want in a "shopping cart"

Then when you have what you want, you "checkout" at the cash register. (Paypal or the like)

You enter your address and wait a few days, weeks, months, until it arrives at your home.

done deal. (usually) ;)

6. mbohuntr

Apr 6, 2009
    I use a paypal account, with a small limit. This keeps hackers from getting too much. If I shop on Ebay, I look for lots of (thousands) transactions with a customer rating over 98%. Now I'm pretty sure they are honest.

7. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
    then again, that translates to hundreds or thousands of negative feedback'z...
    I only buy form 100% positive (occasionally 99)

8. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    How about the paying? Should I pay first or pay after the packaged has been sent.

im sure pay first because it's paypal...... :(

9. K7GUH

Jan 28, 2011
    Usually, you have to pay first. If you have no other way of doing it, buy (for cash) a money order at your post office. It's like a guaranteed check. Some vendors (but not many, nowadays) will ship to you C.O.D. (Cash on Delivery). You pay the postman or the post office.
    You may be able to arrange for a "prepaid" credit card. Your parents pay for a card with cash, say $US 100.00, and you may then charge up to that amount. When you reach the limit, you have to put up more money. No harm in asking, eh?

10. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I don't have any sort of credit or online shopping card, and I prefer to shop in person anyway. I like it when I can see the product and most importantly the vendor in person. Most of the times, when it comes to electronics, I go to my usual electronics shop that has pretty much anything.
    Once I wanted to buy a benchtop power supply and started browsing e-bay. In the end however I went to my usual shop and asked the owner if he could match the e-bay price plus the shipping costs (I live in Greece). In the end he did, and I didn't have to make a credit card.
    On the other hand, another time me and a friend of mine needed to buy an Arduino Duemilanove microprocessor. There was no retail vendor with a reasonable price in Athens, so we bought it online with my friend's Paypal.

To sum things up, I prefer to do my transactions in person, but if I can't help it, I ask a friend who has a Paypal to help me out.

11. Lightfire

Oct 5, 2010
    I want to buy online because most of electronics parts I wanted is not there. :) Like you, I want to buy in person instead of internet.

THUMBS UP! :D