Burned chip on Sony laptop Model PCG-8131M motherboard. Help.

remuslt

Joined May 14, 2011
Hello,

I have here a burned chip on Sony laptop motherboard Model PCG-8131M with
marking "AE" on it. Please can anybody tell me what it is and what is the
actual chip number. May be anybody can sell I would pay for it or offer a
service

It has 5 pins and looks like this (actually there are three of them)

Thanks

Update: the model is (from the lcd bezel) VGN-AW11M

TheLaw

Joined Sep 2, 2010
Looks like it could be some sort of SMD voltage regulator, though there are many devices that could be in that form factor.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Unlikely to be a BCX52:

- that's in SOT89 package but the component is in a SOT25 or SOT23-5 package
- the package has 5 pins which means it is unlikely to be a simple transistor
- the combination of three on the board next to a power plane makes me think it could be a voltage regulator; exactly which one though could be a problem to determine.

remuslt

Joined May 14, 2011
hello all

it has been repaired by cocotec dot co dot uk in Birmingham. Guy from there replaced this chip with markings CE and three dashes. They also replaced i\o chip. All together was 120 pounds. Yes expensive but this was worth it as the laptop works again now.
When I got there I though what a dodgy place to leave my laptop. But no worries they know what they are doing. They repairing motherboards.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
hello all

it has been repaired by cocotec dot co dot uk in Birmingham. Guy from there replaced this chip with markings CE and three dashes. They also replaced i\o chip. All together was 120 pounds. Yes expensive but this was worth it as the laptop works again now.
When I got there I though what a dodgy place to leave my laptop. But no worries they know what they are doing. They repairing motherboards.
Did they tell you what part it was?

remuslt

Joined May 14, 2011
WPCE775LA0DG and that 5 pin chip with markings AE three dashes replaced with a chip CE three dashes that's all I know.