BULB for project in school

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

What bulb do you think should I bring in school for our project. My teacher told me that that bulb uses Single A battery or the 2.5 volts battery (I guess). For short, the biggest battery.

But my teacher instruction on what bulb we will use is pretty not understandable for me.

So, how many volts do you think we will use (bulb)? If you, can you give me picture of it. So, I can ask it on hardware immediately.

Thank you.

Also, what connecting wire should I buy? Can you give me some tips or whatever to make my project nice and the connection of circuit is pretty good?

Thank you a lot!:)

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I moved your post to the homework help section.

Did you have a look to what bulbs are used in flashlights?

Bertus

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Batteries are typically 1.5V, the larger size means they will last longer putting out 1.5V (between AA, C, D, etc)

Would need to know more about "bulb", what class is this for (College electronics or general science)? Is it an LED, or a filament type bulb?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Batteries are typically 1.5V, the larger size means they will last longer putting out 1.5V (between AA, C, D, etc)

Would need to know more about "bulb", what class is this for (College electronics or general science)? Is it an LED, or a filament type bulb?
Nickel-metal hydride, do have a EMS about 1.25 volt. Bulbs come in many variants. You need a bulb that have a working voltage around 2.5 volt and do not draw to much current. This is often expressed with lamp watt rating.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Honestly, I am not the one who had the project.

I think he is a Grade VI. His teacher said that the bulb they will use is looks like a bulb that use only 2.5 volts battery. What is that kind of bulb?

May I ask also if the bulb from the car (the 12 volts) can be lighted with batteries? I mean 8 pieces of 1.5 batteries?

Hello,

I also want to know for example, in his project, there are 2 pieces of 2.5 volts bulb and then how many 2.5 batteries should he use? 2.5 volts battery too? (His project is parallel circuit, I guess)

Thank you so much!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Honestly, I am not the one who had the project.

I think he is a Grade VI. His teacher said that the bulb they will use is looks like a bulb that use only 2.5 volts battery. What is that kind of bulb?

May I ask also if the bulb from the car (the 12 volts) can be lighted with batteries? I mean 8 pieces of 1.5 batteries?

Hello,

I also want to know for example, in his project, there are 2 pieces of 2.5 volts bulb and then how many 2.5 batteries should he use? 2.5 volts battery too? (His project is parallel circuit, I guess)

Thank you so much!
Please efore we give you more answers. Can you please give more information about what you are trying to do. Like by posting a schematic. This will enable us to give you better and faster help.