Building automation controller for diesel generator.

it is rare that power goes out. But when it does it has a tendency in that area to come back after a while only to die again after 30-60 seconds and then come back again after a minute or two, this can happen 3-4 times befor it actually stay on. Which is not optimal for switching back and forth fully auto.
The Asco switch sated something like 5 minutes. So the utility power has to be stable for 5 minutes before the transfer switch would switch back. So it would have had your problem covered.

You may still want to automate the shutdown even if it's a manual pushbutton. PS: I didn't pay attention to the steps required. Don't remember if the decompression lever was involved.

Seneram

Joined Mar 31, 2016
The Asco switch sated something like 5 minutes. So the utility power has to be stable for 5 minutes before the transfer switch would switch back. So it would have had your problem covered.

You may still want to automate the shutdown even if it's a manual pushbutton. PS: I didn't pay attention to the steps required. Don't remember if the decompression lever was involved.
decompression is not involved in shutdown but there is an voltage switch that has to go from 400 to 0 and i would need more equipment to monitor and regulate that it is really on the mains and not backup and so on. And at that point i will start to approach pricepoints that no longer makes it worth the effort.