building a toy truck

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by s.sathishkec, Aug 2, 2008.

1. s.sathishkec

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 24, 2008
    hi buddies i am now on the process of building a toy truck of 500x450 mm ... the speciality of this is .. the truck is not powered by batteries for running ... it is made to be driven by a smaller engine of 3.5cc with a small fuel tank. the mechanical setups are almost finished...
    now i have to automate the truck with remote control ... the remote should be capable of controlling the 1.forward & backward movement 2.turning right and left 3. applying break ... the restriction is that i hav to use only 12v so please suggest me guidelines...... ie what kind of transmission and recieving circuit i have to use what ... what frequency is suitable ... any any other ideas relating this

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    Unless you have to build the electronics, it would be best to buy a RC remote control system.

4. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    E-bay vendors offer several types of pre-made RC kits which would fill the bill.

5. Tahmid

Jul 2, 2008
    Hi,
    You could buy one or make a remote control circuit with HT12E and HT12D.
    Thanks.

6. MIRINGU

Mar 18, 2007
    Hi,i think u can use infrared transmitter and its receiverIt uses infrared radiations.Currently i have no cct but immediately i get it i'll post.Thanks

7. Tahmid

Jul 2, 2008
    Hi,
    Miringu, HT12E and HT12D by Holtek, are infrared transmitter-receiver ics, able to control upto 4 channels, based on 38kHz modulated infra-red signal. Ofcourse an oscillator has to be built and interfaced with the HT12E, which is the transmitter. Signal is transmitted via the IR LED from the output of the transmitter. HT12D received the signal via IR sensor, such as TSOP1738, by Vishay. The signal is demodulated and 4 channels can be driven. It is very easy circuit and a novice can make it. I made it before, and if required, I can post the schematic.

Thanks.

8. MIRINGU

Mar 18, 2007
    Exactly thats what i meant,only that i didn't go into details

9. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    Since the truck is quite large and powered by a small engine, I would imagine that it is intended for use outside which limits the reliability of an infrared system and you wouldn't want to lose control of a vehicle this size. Also, a simple on/off control such as that provided by an HT12 system is unlikely to give very precise speed and steering control.