building a power supplier

enid

Joined Jun 4, 2010
hi, how are you.

I am such a beginner in electronics so I'd be very grateful if someone can help me.
I have to build a simple power supply that work with an input of 220v AC and has an output of 1A and 12V DC. I have to build the circuit in two deferent ways:
1-with transistors
2- with LM723

thank you !

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
googling can find u lot's of circuits.
find one, post it, and then we can discuss it.
do ur home work first

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
The first thing you need is a transformer to drop the line voltage to a safe level. And a level closer to your end result.

If you look at the datasheet for the LM723 you will find its input voltage range.

You need a transformer that will drop the voltage to about 2 volts above that number.

One of the reasons you want it a few volts higher, is you will be needing a bridge rectifier to convert the AC to DC.

Bridge rectifiers use diodes to do the work. As we all know, diodes will drop the voltage a certain amount. So, you have to be sure the starting voltage on the secondary of the transformer is high enough.

The first thing you need is a transformer to drop the line voltage to a safe level. And a level closer to your end result.

If you look at the datasheet for the LM723 you will find its input voltage range.

You need a transformer that will drop the voltage to about 2 volts above that number.

One of the reasons you want it a few volts higher, is you will be needing a bridge rectifier to convert the AC to DC.

Bridge rectifiers use diodes to do the work. As we all know, diodes will drop the voltage a certain amount. So, you have to be sure the starting voltage on the secondary of the transformer is high enough.
thanks v much for such brief explanation