Buck Converter Output Stabilization problem!!!

Mustafatarhan49

Joined Aug 16, 2012
You didn't say anything wrong. Why is your supervisor wanting you to use PMOS?
According to him, it is hard to generate positive voltage with the charge pump and charge booster and also to use NMOS brings additional driving circuit which costs some money, That's why I was looking for PMOS. But as you said, It is really hard to find Vgs above 30V and in the most of the applications, designers are using NMosfet.

But I will check this booster thing tomorrow morning and I will do my design with the NMOS. If I can make the circuit work in the real, I don't think he will complain for that.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
According to him, it is hard to generate positive voltage with the charge pump and charge booster and also to use NMOS brings additional driving circuit which costs some money, That's why I was looking for PMOS. But as you said, It is really hard to find Vgs above 30V and in the most of the applications, designers are using NMosfet.

But I will check this booster thing tomorrow morning and I will do my design with the NMOS. If I can make the circuit work in the real, I don't think he will complain for that.
You can make a level translator with an NPN to drive the PMOS gate between 50V and 40V (or whatever), but it won't be very fast, i.e., your PWM frequency can't be too high.