Buck-boost converter using IR2117 driver

anoman38

Joined Dec 28, 2011
Hi every one
I'm trying to build a dc-dc buck boost converter. the gate driver is IR2117. I connected the driver as the datasheet explained. the Vcc of the IR2117 is 15V is connected to pin 1. Pin 2 is connected to PWM(50% duty cycle). Pin 3 is the ground of both Vcc and PWM. Pin7 is connected to the gate of the MOSFET while pin 6 is connected to the source of the MOSFET. The neutral from the output resisnace is aslo connected to the pin 3 of the gate driver. by this connection I could obtain a DC output. I surprised that with changing the output resistance, the DC output voltage is also changed. Is there a problem in my connection. Is there an isolation problem? can you help me please.
If you can help me please contact me on:
<SNIP>

Last edited by a moderator:

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Can you please post a complete schematic?

Are you using two different power supplies or only the 15V?
What's the drain voltage of the MOSFET?
What's the MOSFET?

anoman38

Joined Dec 28, 2011
Thank you very much for your replying

I use two different power supplies. 15V is used to drive IR2117 driver and 17V is the drain voltage. of the MOSFET. I use IRF3710 MOSFET. The PWM is generated using function geneator with 0.5 duty cycle and 10V logic. I want to say that the ground of the two power supplied( 15V and 17V) and the function generator have the same ground(pin 3 of the IRF2117).