Broken Dynex LCD

dayglomango

Joined May 7, 2013
Hi, earlier today, I tried to turn on my tv and after it finally responded to me touching the touch sensor power button, it made a very loud popping/cracking sound and then lost all power (even standby). i immediately unplugged it, and when i replugged it, it comes on standby but will not turn on. this happens every time i try unplugging and replugging the tv. after some research online, i took the back cover off to examine the components. i had read about problems with the power output board, lots of times caused by bad caps. i also read about main board troubles but i assume that was not my problem because it turns on standby. anyway, i have found what seems to be residue or gunk caused by whatever components that popped, and have already ordered a new power output board... but now i am not so sure and am looking for a more experienced opinion on what the substance is; it could be glue. it appears on several spots around this board, but only on this one board in the tv.

note: it is a dynex DX-L40-10a LCD tv. a notoriously cheap company, apparently. also, i have yet to drain any caps or touch anything on the board as a result. i also do not have a multimeter to give readings.

anyway, on to the pics:

i will take any other picture requests

dayglomango

Joined May 7, 2013
just what i was afraid of... now, after further inspection of the board, i've found two spots where there should be components that have none.

As you can see, C901 and C902 are missing. They are simply gone; not sitting in the tv casing or anything. Is it a safe bet this is the problem? Or could those parts not be necessary or included on the board in the first place?

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Sorry, you are not going anywhere without a circuit diagram.
C901 and C902 did not exist in the firsat place.

The photos are of the Power Supply Unit, the fault could lie elsewhere!
Call the company man.

Ramesh

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
1-Do you even know what you doing or what you even looking at and how it works ????
2-Check out Badcaps Forum or a TV Forum for better help but if you don't have basic tools then your at the point of just guessing what the problem is with out hard facts.
3-Check out Harbor freight for a cheap meter