bringing humanity back

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Giving is one of the most moral things a person can do, if not the most moral.
I just read this. Sorry for the late reply.

No. Being productive is the most moral thing a person can do. For his own benefit.

How else would the alms come about?

Unless you insist that one gives his life, if that is all he's got.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
The answer can be found in your linked text "Don't confuse altruism with kindness, good will or respect for the rights of others" No, the road doesn't lead to there.
To be clear:

Altruism (as a philosophy) != "kindness, good will or respect for the rights of others."

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
al·tru·ism
ˈaltro͞oˌizəm/
noun
  1. the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
BTW,

dis·in·ter·est·ed
disˈintrəstəd,disˈin(t)əˌrestəd/
adjective
  1. 1.
    not influenced by considerations of personal advantage.
Sounds good to me. As I stated earlier, doing without something so that another might benefit is one of the most moral acts, if not the most moral.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
No matter what people say, no matter the study, and no matter the observations, people never do anything disinterestedly.

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
Anyone can give money to a person in need. I think it is preferable to assist a person so he will be able to be self sufficient and not require charity from others.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Anyone can give money to a person in need. I think it is preferable to assist a person so he will be able to be self sufficient and not require charity from others.
Wait! I'm going to get my wife and show her this. She's in wrapping packages for the grand-kids. :D

She must just seem happier than she really is.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Wait! I'm going to get my wife and show her this. She's in wrapping packages for the grand-kids. :D

She must just seem happier than she really is.
yes sure sir, i have also seen all video were fantastic an were in English too.

Status
Not open for further replies.