bringing humanity back

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
From the father of FOX News? :eek: Imagine my surprise.
I think I'll stop now.
Plugging your ears and saying "la la la la" is no way to learn new ideas. In fact, it is always helpful to hear and understand your opposition's ideas -- even if you don't agree with them.

Sealing yourself inside a self-imposed echo chamber stunts your intellectual growth. Open up your mind, gather input from all sources, and learn something!

Sun Tzu said:
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Now I didn't want to jump in here anymore, but, the purpose of that particular foundation is

The Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation builds partnerships between businesses, NGOs, governments, and individuals everywhere to work faster, better, and leaner; to find solutions that last; and to transform lives and communities from what they are today to what they can be tomorrow.
according to their opening statement in their FAQ.

Building partnerships between businesses, NGO (Non-Government Agencies), governments and individuals sound real good from the prospective of influence peddling.

But, like I said, anyone can contribute to any organization they deem worthy. If it's this particular foundation, which by the way, you can only donate a maximum of 30 percent of your income, then so be it. Did you ever wonder why the IRS put foundations in the 30% max vice 50% max?

Of course, you can pencil whip their 2013 Form 990 as it includes the previous year and 2013's numbers when the foundation filed their tax return. Of course, if it's not 88 percent as their website is claiming, one must wonder ... is the website lying or has the foundation filed a fraudulent return? I don't know and I don't care. That is the IRS' problem.

Last edited:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Oh what a utopia you have in your mind. Do you think it's proper for the President of the U.S. to beg each and every person to go to an assignment? I'm sure they are called "orders". Do you remember when Clinton sent troops into Bosina as part of a U.N. Mission? There was one young soldier who "refused" an order to wear the Blue UN cover. He was court martialed. They are not "invitations".
What does any of this have to do with my post you quoted? Why should a social contract with vets be called Utopia?

Veterans earn what they get. They signed on the line and followed the orders. They must determine what is a lawful order or not, and suffer whatever consequences occur if they are wrong.
And what do they get?

Agreed. However, charitable giving from your pocket to someone else is not the same as taxing you to give to someone else. There is no need to federalize everything, yet we continue to do so.
Who said otherwise? The title of the post is Bringing Humanity Back or something similar, not Let's Debate About Taxes and Government for the Upteenth-Hundred Time. Why is this forum so myopic that it needs to hyjack every discussion to the same end?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
And what do they get?
You can visit the VA to see.
You can visit OPM to see.
You can visit SBA to see.

I can tell you there is no such thing as "free" medical for all veterans. Those with NSC problems have copays.

The recruiters have used that "free medical and dental for life" line up through the 80s and yet, that line isn't in the contract signed.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
You can visit the VA to see.
You can visit OPM to see.
You can visit SBA to see.

I can tell you there is no such thing as "free" medical for all veterans. Those with NSC problems have copays.

The recruiters have used that "free medical and dental for life" line up through the 80s and yet, that line isn't in the contract signed.
Why even answer him? He's obviously painfully distressed that we are even having this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.