Breakthrough Energy Movement Conference coming up in Holland

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by samertje, Aug 28, 2012.

1. samertje

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 28, 2012
  2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    This has an odour of free energy nonsense. A quick search on google. Showed that both Paul Hellyer, and Sterling Allan. Are related to free energy and cold fusion. As an example this link http://pesn.com/2012/02/06/9602033_Sterling_Allan_Interviewed_on_Late_Night_in_the_Midlands/
    In this link the E-Cat technology is mentioned as something working. Which has been revealed as an an elaborate scam.
    If this post is closed. I also strongly recommend that the links in post #1 also are removed

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Just for the record, cold fusion is not to be confused with free energy. The results are not completely in on that subject, and there keeps being anomalous results. While it is not looking good, there is some room for discussion on that subject. It may be there is more than one way to skin a cat (poor cat).

HHO on the other hand has been thoroughly debunked, and directly violates the Laws of Conservation of Energy. It is not open for discussion.

Reading up on both gentlemen they do not seem to advocate violating the laws of physics, while Paul Hellyer seems a bit strange that is allowed.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  4. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    I'm not of the same opinion as the most honorable Mr Marsdon on the subject of cold fusion. I cannot find where enough energy is 'input' into this reaction to achieve anything at all in regards to a 'reaction' of a nuclear fusion nature. The energy scales differ by several orders of magnitude. I can see some type of synchrotron like radiation effect possibly being generated by other mechanisms at work in the experiments which then might give one a false hope of the room temperature fusing being detected.

Just my 2 cents of understanding on the subject.

Bill?
    Do you have any links to articles you think could be enlightening for me on this? I truly am interested if so.

5. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Not really, but it keeps cropping up in "Analog, Science Fact and Science Fiction" under Koostra (author), who is a frequent guest writer. I've browsed the web and seen some of the other anomalies, not the work of whacked out people claiming there is something there, but that there might be something there. A minor difference, but important. True believers leave no room for discussion, while rational people are willing to talk about the subject.

It may turn out there is nothing there, but some mechanism keeps generating large amount of heat intermittently, it is the intermittent nature that is the problem. Science requires repeatability, but if you don't understand all the mechanisms, and if it is finicky, it can be hard to repeat on demand. This is one of those issues time will eventually solve.

If I run across anything I will post it in this thread, I'm not a true believer, but the evidence seems to be there (intermittently).

If you look up the bios of the first two people in the original thread, they actually have credentials. A bit eccentric perhaps, but then that describes me.

You will note that this is still in the off topic area, not the science forum.

I've said this before, this planet is awash in energy, we just have to figure out how to harvest it. Without using pseudo science.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  6. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Really Bill! Here is a web site that Sterling Allan is behind http://peswiki.com/ And from that I found this golden nugget http://peswiki.com/index.php/Top_5_Exotic_Free_Energy_Technologies I really liked number 5 on the list the "ERR Fluxgenerator by Noah's Ark Research Foundation"
    And here is a video of Sterling Allan talking very warm about a magnet motor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkFgnfx2X4s

7. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Your steam engine is all the power you need,what is missing in your life that

you need more power.

8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    When I see specific schemes I'll nail them, if I see people trying to ask for money I'll nail them (assuming one of the other mods don't get there first). I am pretty intolerant of pseudo science.

However, at some point there needs to be exchange of ideas, even if they are wrong. I am inclined to believe the magnet motor is a scam, but that was brought up on this thread by you, not the OP.

I haven't changed my opinion on cold fusion, although I would close a thread asking for money for it in a heart beat, probably deleting it.

It may be this thread is doomed, but at the moment I see no problem with discussion. :D Given the way we have been talking and key words used, I suspect someone will be flocking here soon to discuss their crackpot theory. As if our mods have been able to slow them down before.

9. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Well this is an add for the "Breakthrough Energy Movement Conference in Holland" And that conference is not by any means free. On the conference homepage they sell tickets to the latter conference.

10. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    Do you check out the bio's on the speakers,far away conference's sound

exciting,are there any books published by the speakers. The cloud does

not take much energy,but it works...you have to keep an open mind.

Things are working,and there are results.

11. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    E-Cat was suppose to complete a factory in Greece in 2011. Maybe it's still emerging ... till the money runs out. If the factory is there our esteemed moderator from Greece surely heard of it.

Any news from the Eastern Med concerning E-Cat manufacturing?

Info about this slightly overunity device (15kW out/ 400 W in) was found at http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Andrea_A._Rossi_Cold_Fusion_Generator

Man's Credulity is repeating as well as "a fool and his money are soon parted". There are plenty of fools on the internet willing to invest in these "emerging" technologies.

12. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    True enough. There are nuggets here and there, but the vast majority are scams of one flavor or another, or simply delusional. It is the nuggets I look for.

I was on physorg the other day, a catalyst has been developed that makes splitting water into H2 more efficient. I was amused to see a HHO clown jump on board. The increased efficiency of H2 production is always good, but some people have problems understanding efficiency vs. overunity.

13. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
  14. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
  15. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Yeah, I remember that. Not much came of it, but you can find scammers everywhere. It is a mistake to paint with too broad a brush. Kinda like Bernie Madoff, not every investor is crooked, though I suspect a lot of people tend to believe so.

16. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    I especially liked this ... from http://phys.org/news/2011-01-italian-scientists-cold-fusion-video.html

18. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    I wonder. If we could assemble enough E-Cat units to produce 1.21 gigawatt. And using the ERR Fluxgenerator by Noah's Ark Research Foundation (post#6). Could we be able to travel in time. What do you think Joe
    [​IMG]

19. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Only if its powered by HHO:D

20. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Careful, no one wants to start a runaway fusion reaction. That would be... bad.

justtrying likes this.