breadboard layout

Chillum

Joined Nov 13, 2014
I've got "wave (2).asc" and I've got "wave (2)_VeeCAD_v2.pdf" and I'm using VeeCAD for CAD (veecad.com/downloads.html -- free version available, full version got some features, most notably skew components/wire vs just horizontal/vertical)
so remove the .txt on the "wave (2)_VeeCAD_v2.per.txt" if you wanna boot it in VeeCAD,

otherwise

ANY help please

Attachments

Chillum

Joined Nov 13, 2014
huh!? it's a theremin designed to produce a fart sound, I'm building it for my niece, she's 6, hours of farting fun! On my side I've got 555 ICs in the .per .pdf and .asc file NE555, what do you mean by missing IC?

LDC3

Joined Apr 27, 2013
Since I didn't want to load the program, I only looked at the pdf file. The breadboard layout doesn't list the IC.

Chillum

Joined Nov 13, 2014
OK, sorry I didn't label the IC, but it's labelled in the LTspice .asc and really why do you need that information, we modelled the circuit in LTspice, it works, I only need a breadboard layout that works, because I tried 3 times on v1, (didn't think to version it) and once on v2 and I can't get the .asc file to be the same as the breadboard layout, so really I only need help placing the components on a breadboard circuit that works, help is straight up ?"this wire should go there on not here"? The circuit is sound, only porting it to the breadboard isn't.

Chillum

Joined Nov 13, 2014
OK, I thought it was a theremin, it might not be, that's beside the point. This circuit is simulated to do what it should: fart no problem with the design, I can't draw a breadboard layout that works, I'm almost physically tired from trying, desperate would be the word

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Could you post a schematic -- i.e., a screen shot of the schematic as opposed to the design file for a particular simulator package?

How do you know that it works based on simulation? How do you know the waveform displayed sounds like a fart? Did you get the waveform data into a sound file that you could play? If so, how did you do that (I'm curious, though writing a program to translate it wouldn't be too tough).

What is the highest frequency component in any of your signals?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Here is what I could determine from you pdf breadboard pictorial diagram .... I'll wait on your screenshot to see how close I came. The software is pebble, if anyone is interested.

Attachments

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
yep, as I suspected, the pictorial needs work.

I highly doubt there are too many humans that can fart for an infinite number of seconds.

Last edited: