Brand New TAOE Paperback Intl version

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by maxpower097, Oct 4, 2010.

1. maxpower097

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I'm always on the look out for a cheap copy of The Art of Electronics. I always hear there not printed anymore but there are many used copies floating around. I saw an add on ebay that this guy is selling Brand New International Versions of The Art of Electronics 2nd Edition paperback.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Art-Electronics..._Education&hash=item3360e29151#ht_1356wt_1140
    What do you guys think of this. Should I go the $35 and buy the new paperback or hold out for the real hardback?

2. Nik

May 20, 2006
    I didn't know that AOE appeared in paperback !!

Certainly, my hard-back edition has been well worth what I paid for it, several times over. Even now, I learn something every time I open it. I also got the flexi-bound Lab Manual that accompanies it...

FWIW, I picked up an *old* Sedra/Smith: It had several chapters on chip foundry processes etc that were dropped from later editions...

3. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    $35 is pretty good for the knowledge.

If it is an unbearably small typeface used to fit into a smaller book, Id skip it, and save for the real-deal.

4. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Good question to ask. I'm assuming its the same type face but I'll ask. If I can get a new paper back copy for $35 I'll probably go that route. Otherwise I may find hardback somewhere.

5. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    I don't know about The Art of Electronics, but I have bought other books in the International version. The print is the same size but the paper is usually a little thiner. But I've been satisfied by all of them.

6. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    That wouldn't bother me any so thats good. I'm really thinking about going that route. I've seen some new Hardbacks for around $70 + shipping but I think $35 sounds a lot better. I could even grab another classic. And hay I prefer paperback over hardback when it doesn't leave my house.

7. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    A paperback version of AOE is better than no version of AOE.