Bought a Scope

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by sgardner025, Feb 7, 2010.

1. sgardner025

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 5, 2009
  2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Nope, but it looks interesting. Maybe you can do a review for the rest of us when you get to try it out.

3. PRS

Aug 24, 2008
    I bought an HP 475 on Ebay good for 200+ MHz and it works just fine. High quality and very reliable. Perhaps I was lucky. But you can usually tell who to trust on Ebay by their selling record, which is given by Ebay.

4. badbaud

Mar 5, 2009
    I have been using my 100 MHz Tektronix 2235 since the 80's and it still works like new. They make some tough scopes. Been looking at purchasing a LCD version to save space but my experience with a scope meter and it's limited display capabilities turned me off to LCD scopes. Has anyone tried one of those "turn your PC into a scope" units? How do they stand up to shop use, and do they even make one that runs at 100 MHz?

5. sgardner025

Nov 5, 2009
    Yeah I found some decent sellers but another thing I'm looking for now is a good warranty. I'll let you guys know how this little thing does.

6. bluebrakes

Oct 17, 2009
    I have experience with some of their other scopes.

The GW Instek stuff I found to be well made equipment. I've got one of the lower end scopes at home. It hasn't let me down yet...

7. knowitall

Jan 10, 2010
    Iv'e been thru them all, from teck-tron 535 to .... the best for your money is Pro-tec chinese made , well callib. and. easy to use, they sell three models up to 100 Mcs. sorry hertz

8. sgardner025

Nov 5, 2009
    This seems like a decent scope. I haven't done much testing yet. The only thing that's a little buggy is the autoset. Sometimes using it will cause the vertical position to jump down to -40-50 volts and I have to dial it back up. I'm still checking on that.