Bose amplifier circuit

Fitz

Joined Oct 1, 2009
Ref: Bose Lifestyle 20 Triax ac turn on circuit,Description on how this circuit operates.
Tnx,Fitz

Fitz

Joined Oct 1, 2009
I don't see how I can be more clear, It is the AC turn on triax in the primary of the power transformer,It is a solid state relay that turns on the main amplifier when the receiver is turned on.IT senses voltage through a optic isolates that turns on the primary of the power amplifier power supply. Need circuit.
Tnx,Fitz

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
How do you propose that we acquire access to such a circuit? Many circuits are not publicly known or revealed. Does this state of affairs surprise you? It shouldn't if you've ever worked for a company that developed electronic products, especially consumer electronic products. There is an emphasis on secrecy and security that would boggle the Western Imagination.

BTW, I've never heard of a Triax. Is it possible you are refering to a Triac (pl. Triacs) circuit. It helps if you get the terminology correct the first time.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Bose make fairly expensive (this one costs $2000.00) but cheap little sound systems.
They use two little satellite speakers for sounds from about 300Hz to about 10kHz in stereo then use a tiny 4" "woofer" that produces sounds from about 100hz to 200Hz (boomy). Frequencies from 20Hz to 100Hz, 200Hz to 300Hz and 10khz to 20kHz are missing.
There are websites for "Bose Bashers".

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Their technology is almost irrelevant, but they have a top notch marketing team with killer performance. Who needs technology when you've got marketing pretty much nailed down. I can tell you that I've never ever seen a Bose anything in an audiophile's listening room.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I think he wants to know how a traic is used to limit the inrush current of the smoothing caps used in high power amps.
This topology is quite common.
A traic is used to increase the input AC voltage slowly so that the in rush charging current taken by the caps are almost eliminated. It is mostly timed AC traic driving the transformer. the Timing is preset by the Traic circuitry.
An opto coupler may be used to disable or enable the driver circuitry.
The opto input circuitry is sometimes coupled to the output stage of the amp ( Amp fault detection circuitry ). If a fault is detected the traic is prohibited from turning on.

Rifaa