Bose 3-2-1 GS II Auto-detect Issues

mss47150

Joined Jul 27, 2015
I understand this situation may be below certain people's expertise, but it is a troublesome and expensive issue nonetheless. I have a Bose 3-2-1 GS II purchased in 2012, has worked fine, but sound cuts for a second every once in awhile, maybe once every ten minutes. Bought a new 4k tv and ended up getting a different one of same brand. Turn tv on and watch netflix through the smart technology, the speakers switch between 5.0 and 5.1 constantly. It only has 2.1 and when I switch it back to regular 2.0 PCM it cuts out just like it does when it switches between the 5.0 and 5.1. This switch or sound cuts out for about a second and happens anywhere from 1-4 times a minute or sometimes a few minutes without it, more than usual. It is beyond annoying and have no idea what to do about it. There are no frays or exposed wires, nothing has been bent too far. I'm tempted to sell it and buy a newer sound system in case it's a compatibility issue. Ideas? I don't have the money to keep changing tv's (I don't have the other ones anymore) and I don't really want to go through a bunch of other sound systems to troubleshoot. Anything is appreciated.

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
quick googling, bose unit was end of manufacture life in 2011 - 2.1 sound

sorry to seem blunt, chase up the tv manufacturer and ask them

edit: why did i bother to look up the manual :/

mss47150

Joined Jul 27, 2015
What does end of manufacturer life mean? That's about when I bought the system, it wouldn't make any sense for it not to operate beyond a year. Asking the tv manufacturer might not be a terrible idea, I just assume it's the speakers since it's done this for some time now. Might just need to convince the wife to sell them and get a soundbar after all. Got some coupons coming my way from Best Buy for buying the tv there. It's just been a really good set of speakers until now.