Boost chopper 24v to 96v 500w

Soufiane Gaizen

Joined Oct 14, 2015
Hi i'am working on boost chopper for my project
i need a 3000w boost chopper 24v to 96v but i cam up with the idea to made 6, 500w boost chopper to replace the 3000w
the problem that i need a circuit with voltage regulation because when i hit the accelerator in my bruchless motor which is alimented with this converter i burn my circuit.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
More info would be much helpful.

Power source and it's ratings plus the motor and it's ratings and the overall application are a good place to start.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Unless you have a pile of spare parts from power inverters and like switching power supply systems you won't build a 3000 watt 24 to 96-volt converter for less than it would cost to buy the proper sized batteries to make a 96-volt power pack.

Soufiane Gaizen

Joined Oct 14, 2015
i cant get the proper size of batteries because i m limited with weight so what is my other solution what about build 6 dc-dc converter with 500w

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You are going to get the same amount of watt hours per pound of battery regardless of whether you use 1 large battery or 8 small batteries. Using the wrong battery voltage and trying to boost the voltage will only cost you efficiency and an expensive converter.

Soufiane Gaizen

Joined Oct 14, 2015
and what about 48v to 96v is there any chance
because we are all ready had same batteries of 48v and we have no chance for buying 96v batteries :p money issues

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
So how did you end up with two incompatible components for a design that needs matching components and what are we supposed to do being you clearly have a budget that won't fit the need?

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
because we are all ready had same batteries of 48v and we have no chance for buying 96v batteries :p money issues
It is difficult to parallel switching regulators. Do they have constant current adjustment?
Your objective is to make the motor go faster?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I guess you are well and truly hosed. Maybe the sponsors can cough up more money. Maybe you can save spare change for a year and do it next year.