boolean functions help

limbonic

Joined Jul 4, 2011
Hello my friends i have 3 boolean expressions and i wonder if there is a way to simplify them:

1. F1= C'B + CA' + CB' + BF

2. F2= ACB' + C'B + C'A'D

3. F3 = CB' + CA' + B'A'E + C'BA

after the simplification i will create the circuit but i dont know if i can first simplify the expressions above.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
There are quite a way of doing this. For example, have you tried to draw the gates version of this expressions?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It is a worthy goal, I do it both ways, generally because I am trying to use specific gates. Pick a problem, work on it and present where you get stuck. We can help you at these points, you will find it is very algebraic in nature.

limbonic

Joined Jul 4, 2011
For signal F1 i implement the circuit :

(F signal is asserted low)

and then i use inverted gates for the above circuit:

is this correct? and something like this you mean by drawing the gates?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That's what I meant. I'm going to bed to go to work tonight, but I will be back.

There is another convention, a simple circle in front of the gate input indicates inversion.

From my library here at AAC

The simplification of those expressions are literally not possible unless you do what our MOD just said but the order of the evalutaion of the gates can be changed in all the expression s

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello my friends i have 3 boolean expressions and i wonder if there is a way to simplify them:

1. F1= C'B + CA' + CB' + BF

2. F2= ACB' + C'B + C'A'D

3. F3 = CB' + CA' + B'A'E + C'BA

after the simplification i will create the circuit but i dont know if i can first simplify the expressions above.

It depends on how you define "simple". Fewest terms? Fewest gates and, if so, which gates are fair game? Fewest propogation delays? Fewest transistors and, if so, in what technology?

Depending on your metric, F1 is already about as "simple" as it is going to get.