boolean expressions

gilbertkunda

Joined Mar 15, 2009
Hi! there,
Guys I have just started doing boolean expressions and Iam really stuck with my assignment which in three days. Any help would be appreciated greatly.
I know all about the rules and regulations but Iam really in a fix. Please help.
The question is: Write the following boolean expression in sum-of-minterms form: F(A,B,C) = A.
At least this will get me started.

RiottoiR

Joined Dec 20, 2008
mate this is basic stuff, you should know this!!!

basically you should start with a truth table for F(A,B,C) = A , which means where A is high (1), your out put is high. min terms
0 0 0 = 0 = m0
0 0 1 = 0 = m1
0 1 0 = 0 = m2
0 1 1 = 0 = m3
1 0 0 = 1 = m4
1 0 1 = 1 = m5
1 1 0 = 1 = m6
1 1 1 = 1 = m7

therefore your sum of min-terms would be F(A,B,C) = ∑m(4,5,6,7)

this then leads on to, Standard Sum of Products (SSOP)

SSOP = AB'C' + AB'C + ABC' + ABC

make sure you learn how to get from SSOP to SOP, SPOS and POS. these will most likely be asked in an exam.

bmealhendi

Joined Mar 23, 2009
hi,,, u see that expression fix in A so u add A in all minterms and the rest varaible u alternate between their values
so the minterms 4,5,6,7 and note that A appears uncomplemented

Ratch

Joined Mar 20, 2007
gilbertkunda,

...Any help would be appreciated greatly. ... The question is: Write the following boolean expression in sum-of-minterms form: F(A,B,C) = A.
At least this will get me started.
You really ought to download the program found in this link. http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=22347 . It will give you the minterms of just about any Boolean expression in a flash. Maxterms also. Make sure you read the short documentation and set the program for the right number of logic variables.

Although you cannot bring this program into a test, it is a great educational help because it allows you to check your work on practice problems.

Ratch

lqyromeo

Joined Oct 28, 2008
0^1=0
0^0=0
0U1=1
0U0=0
1^1=1
1U1=1
This is boolean math question, another expression is ture and fause.
You should be learn it up.