board with one button and 8 leds

rnzb

Joined Oct 7, 2013
Dear all
i don't know if i am posting in the right place
I have to make project that have an electronic board with 8 leds that works on lithium battery 3v and on push button.
i want the board as small as possible , i prefer to be an programed IC
function: when the push button is pressed for more than 2 secs first led turn on, second push button will turn off first led and turn 2nd led and third same till the 8th.
i want to set a timer between each push button thats mean if button is pressed 2 or 3 times quickly nothing will happen.

Please i have no experience in electronics i need to know if that can be done and what tools i need or machines i need.
as well i want advice if i can get a map or how i can build such circuit so i can send it to experts but i need to have a background from you before.

i know such thing can be done by programming a small IC but i don't know how, if yo can help me doing this i am so appreciated.

note: i want the battery to last long so i must use low consumptions leds and auto power off after 10 mins if no key is pressed.

thank you in advance
your help and advices is highly appreciated

rnzb

Joined Oct 7, 2013
it seems what u provide is so sophisticated to me, can anyone make the map for me so i can apply it ?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
i have no experience in electronics
Then this project may be beyond you. Can you understand all the symbols on a schematic (map)? Have you soldered anything? Do you have a multi-meter to check what you build? A soldering iron?

rnzb

Joined Oct 7, 2013
i have all these tools but my point is to have the schematic (map) and apply it with any electronic shop in my country , because the problem here is there is no person can figure out my needs that i want a very small board with IC and as little as can electronic components.
what they can offer here a large board with large capacitors and diodes which is not my case here.
so please if anyone can help me i can donate or pay for this.
thank you all

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
To keep size to a minimum, IMO you would need to use all surface-mount components, including a microcontroller. That's a major challenge if you have no experience in electronics.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Dear all
i don't know if i am posting in the right place
I have to make project that have an electronic board with 8 leds that works on lithium battery 3v (CR2032?) and on push button.
i want the board as small as possible (what size and shape? battery on board or not?) , i prefer to be an programed IC
function: when the push button is pressed for more than 2 secs first led turn on, second push button will turn off first led and turn 2nd led and third same till the 8th.
i want to set a timer between each push button thats mean if button is pressed 2 or 3 times quickly nothing will happen. (more details on timing needed)

Please i have no experience in electronics i need to know if that can be done and what tools i need or machines i need.
as well i want advice if i can get a map or how i can build such circuit so i can send it to experts but i need to have a background from you before.

i know such thing can be done by programming a small IC but i don't know how, if yo can help me doing this i am so appreciated.

note: i want the battery to last long (how long?) so i must use low consumptions leds and auto power off after 10 mins if no key is pressed. (how will power be turned back on?)

thank you in advance
your help and advices is highly appreciated
Many more details are required before a circuit can be designed. I have listed some of the questions above in red.

So, apparently you want a schematic, a printed circuit board layout, and the code to program the IC. Is that correct? How many are you going to build?

rnzb

Joined Oct 7, 2013
CR2032?
i don't know, i need the best to run this board for a long long time.
what size and shape? battery on board or not?
as smaller as possible to run the premium way, shape does not matter.
more details on timing needed
1- when the button pressed and keep pressed for 2 seconds or more , it must turn on the first light.
2- after first light turn on the timer starts ~ 20 seconds and within this 20 seconds any press will be discarded, even if it is long press.
3- after 20 seconds a long press again for 2 seconds or more will turn on second led and turn off first led
4- also 20 seconds timing
5- this will continue to the 8th led
how will power be turned back on?
first 2 seconds long press will turn on

So, apparently you want a schematic, a printed circuit board layout, and the code to program the IC. Is that correct?
yes, in addition if you can guide me on what tool i need to purchase in order to program the IC with your code, and special tools for soldering the components on the board that only if the classic soldering tool will not work.
How many are you going to build?
that depends on the cost of this board, but at the beginning i want to make the fully functional board in order to test.
Really thank you a lot for helping and that is appreciated in any way you determine
thanks

rnzb

Joined Oct 7, 2013
i searched a lot on internet and found a result that might help you
they are using something called 555 timer and CD4017
i will attach a sample for similar project i guess.
Note i didn't understand anything but i guess this may give you ideas
thanks

Attachments

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
In order to get help, you will need to be more specific on your requirements. I know that English is not your first language, so there may be some things lost in translation. But for example, you say you want it to run a long, long time. That doesn't really tell anything; you must state a minimum run time that you want in order to choose a battery. You say you want it as small as possible; you must state what is the maximum size that is acceptable.

Without more specific details of what you want, anyone who tries to help is just guessing. Perhaps you should find someone in your location that you can meet with and discuss your requirements. Or maybe someone else here can help you, but I cannot. Good luck.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Following up on SgtWookie's suggestion, came up with this map. Current drain with one LED is 1.39 mA, LED not bright but verry visable. All reset, drain about 50 μA, which the battery will not miss.
At first push of SW, SW-1, A starts 2s timing which closes AND gate R7 D1,&, D2, so SW must stay closed longer than 2 s to apply a + clock pulse to E which advances output from "0" to "1" turning on first LED. SW 2-8 advances the LED one step at a time, SW-9 resets E. At SW-1 F starts timing a 10 m pulse. Woops, a diode & resistor are missing to dump C2 when A-3 goes hi. F will restart the timing cycle for ever SW , with no SW for 10 m, F-3 goes lo putting a hi on E reset, dropping current drain to negliable.

Attachments

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Edited map: Unmarked R above D5 @ 4.7k is a comprimise, too high C2 does not discharge enough, too low exceeds B's drive capability. If available, a 74AC14 could be a better choice for B, need to check specs. MC74AC14N looks good, missing R value = 2.2k.

Attachments

Last edited:

rnzb

Joined Oct 7, 2013
thank you bernard
although i didn't understand anything from your technical briefing , but do i apply that board ? and start testing ?
does that do what i am asking for ?
your help is appreciated thank you

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
A solderless breadboard would be a big help, start with simple ckt first, like one of the C555's. I looked for a dual C555 ie C556 but could find it in only surface mount. 'see another missing #, R-6 between F-6-7 is 10k.
You could also set up a AND & OR to test operation. AND, D-1-2, R7; OR, D3-4, R8. With a 1000 mAh battery & one LED on, should last for about 300 h; At reset, about 1300 h. I think that it does all requested?