board+pieces design & components!

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Ouff....sounds like lots of work this arm...:(

yep standard hi-teck servo...it should fit and if it doesn't I'll have one made here...
so if I get you well its purpose is to have the weight of arm Not crushing the motor, huh? sorry if ima bit slow understanding...I'm actually studying for my exam on monday and take a look here now and then...

Ima try to order that too...hope i still have some cash...:) LOL....

But I'm a bit scared...hope I'll have everything on time...

Thanks!
Yes, it just removes all the loads apart from rotation from the servo, which helps protect it from damage and makes it easier for it to turn.
I couldn't find anything similar on ebay.
There are a lot of ball bearings on their own on ebay, but it is pretty hard to make the mounting and the shaft through the centre.
An option would be to find something that already has a shaft like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-B...sure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item4164ec8764
Probably better to find one nearer you if you are going to do that.
They are also pretty massive, maybe there is a better option.
You could attach the body to the base, make a little adapter for the servo (could just be a metal plate with holes drilled to match the servo horn) and mount the arm to the other end.

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Hi!

Attached is the proposed schematics circuit for the electronics chessboard!!

Any comments/critics are welcomed!!!

thanks!

[edited] .png file added!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
I would like to make a *software* simulation of the circuit in small scale in software showing the behavior of the Hall Effect sensor as proof it will work on large scale (actual board)...

Anyone here uses Multisism...or LTSpice, Proteus,... (can these last two be downloaded for free?)....
I don't need to simulate the whole circuit! just a 2 by 2 sensor matrix...and showing/observing output on the scope...

the PIC, servo,...are not necessary ...just the sensors...

Any help?

thanks!

Last edited:

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
And the reason for it is ???
The reason is that there is allways one of the sensors powered up, so there is allways one of the pullups connected to the bus. Thus you can have just one pullup on the whole row and let the multiplexing do its work, without having 64 resistors.
Each sensor acts like a switch to ground, so there is no difference if each has its own pullup or there is one for the whole row, it will work anyway.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
You got the usb port connection wrong. See the self-powered diagram on page 24 of the datasheet. The +5V form the port goes only to the reset pin through a divider, and also I think you should check the pinout of the connector you want to use, becasue pins 2 and 3 are usually the data pins, also check which one is data minus and which one is data plus, you don´t want to bodge wire that after the board is made.
Also a 100ohm reisistor in the middle of the RX and TX line is recommended, because you don´t want to short the outputs in case you have the pic wrongly configured.

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Thanks for your comment! will take that into account!!

I really wana make sure everything is on point before printing PCB...

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
The chessboard circuit has been split into 2 board (main & controller) to avoid messing up...

Each sensor is put in the middle of each square!

Here's attached the main board!

Anyone with a *magic eye* to see a bug in the wiring connection!? I think I see a little thing but well...before I mention that...I would like someone else checking!

Thanks!

Attachments