Board identification

MikeSe

Joined Oct 24, 2016
Hi everyone.

Does anybody know what this board could have for a function?
I tried to find some information on the internet but without any sucess.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Michael

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Maybe the German version of FSK (FKS)? switching, it has a analogue switch IC on there and obviously has data network in and opto/relay isolated outputs.
Max.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi everyone.

Does anybody know what this board could have for a function?
I tried to find some information on the internet but without any sucess.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Michael
My guess would be Ethernet to RS485 converter. The long chip is a microcontroller? I see four CAT-5 connectors on one end and four RS485 connectors on the other. Chip numbers would help.

MikeSe

Joined Oct 24, 2016
Hi hp1729.

You are right. It is a PIC MCU.
Sorry for the bad pics.
You mean the screw terminals are Rs485?

Regards,

Michael

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi hp1729.

You are right. It is a PIC MCU.
Sorry for the bad pics.
You mean the screw terminals are Rs485?

Regards,

Michael
That's what it looks like to me.
The four black things on the other end are CAT-5 connectors? Like a phone line but 8 pins?

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi again.

The Black connectors only have 4 pinsamt, so I guess it could be Rj11 contacts?

/Michael
Wow. Still 4 I/O in and 4 I/O out. The eight big white things ... relays? Next to them eight optoisolators? Well, maybe not RS485 after all.

Last edited:

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
MAX392 analogue switch.
Max.
Thanks, I couldn't read that.

Axicom IM06 are relays. Optos are AQY212EH.
So just an 8 line relay board? One input connector has a +, - A and B lines. Dang, we are back to RS485-like or USB-like maybe.
It doesn't look like all the RJ-11 connectors have the same function. The bottom one has relays, may be power in, and an optoisolator. The second up is a comm port. The third and fourth I can't tell. Single diode rectifier and tiny TO-092 regulator? +12 V unreg and 78L05 maybe..

Attachments

Last edited:

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The terminals appear to be connected to the relay contacts, there is 2 for every relay.
The relays are isolated via opto's.
Dangerous to do this, but I kinda disagree. Optically isolating a mechanically isolated relay doesn't compute. Granted a PIC cannot drive a 12 V relay coil directly, but a photomos opto is a lot of cost compared to a 2N4401. Based on nothing but the photo, my guess was 8 relay-isolated outputs and 8 opto-isolated inputs in parallel, but the optos are backwards for that...

TS: photo of the bottom side?

ak