Bluetooth transmitter options

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by Jay12345, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Jay12345

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Hi folks
    I've been asked to help with a little project, basically I need to turn on some led's wirelessly. I've found a 12v switching board that can be activated via an app or a remote control but what I need is to send an on signal to this when a separate 12v supply is live, what options do I have other than modify a remote control? Is there any hardware available to do this?

2. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    So you have found a "remote relay" of some sort that requires a 12V supply but only want it to be able to activate when another 12V supply is turned on?
    How close are these 2 x 12V supplies?

Can't you just wire a relay to the 12V supply that you are "monitoring" and just have it activate the relay allowing the other to turn on?

3. Jay12345

Mar 31, 2016
    The unit that will light up via the remote relay actually can be any voltage as its going to have to be a rechargeable battery pack so probably 9v, the 2 x 12v supplies are around 3 meters away from each other, but still how would you suggest it activating the relay wireless though?

4. Jay12345

Mar 31, 2016
    On ebay there are loads of remote controlled switches, but instead of the remote I need a relay controlled switch to transmit the signal instead of a button being pressed on a remote, can the remote relay communicate with another remote relay or will it only "receive" a signal from the remote control?

5. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Still difficult to understand exactly what you are trying to do..
    can you post a schematic or something and clear description of your needs?