Blogs...

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Blogs are not to be used as forums or webpages. They are more to be used as web logs, or web diaries. I personally use mine to critizise the government of Portugal, among other things. The others can leave their thoughts too, but a blog is a personal project.

I don't see no need for AAC to create blogs. A blog is to address more general issues, and if I write to a blog, is not as an AAC member, it is as whole person.
Would you not see the benefit of having an AAC blog to record your electronics musing? Afterall this site is dedicated to electronics enthusiasts, therefore blogging here is one of the best ways of getting the most out of this type of blog.

Dave

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Would you not see the benefit of having an AAC blog to record your electronics musing? Afterall this site is dedicated to electronics enthusiasts, therefore blogging here is one of the best ways of getting the most out of this type of blog.

Dave
But let me raise an issue here. If I decided to write about something else in my blog, for instance, to express my considered "politically incorrect" ideas? Woudn't that fall beyond from AAC rules? After all, a blog serves that purpose, because has the main objective of doing so (express my ideas). Not saying that the blogs idea is a bad one, as it is a good one actually, but a blog is a blog, just like dogs will be dogs and cats will be cats.

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
And blogs provide a different angle on this exchange of information?

Dave
sure they do as will be the case with this forum.
i say its a great idea and besides there's nothing to lose but everything to gain with that idea.
though as i already said due to my limited knowledge i wont be able to add much , lets see (maybe something from my project).

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
But let me raise an issue here. If I decided to write about something else in my blog, for instance, to express my considered "politically incorrect" ideas? Woudn't that fall beyond from AAC rules? After all, a blog serves that purpose, because has the main objective of doing so (express my ideas). Not saying that the blogs idea is a bad one, as it is a good one actually, but a blog is a blog, just like dogs will be dogs and cats will be cats.
As long as the blog post does not breach the existing rules for the forums (which are freely accessible and applicable to all), then the blog posts can be at the discretion of the author. We expect that the blogs will reflect the general interest of the users of AAC, namely as electronics enthusiasts, but there is no restriction other than the rules.

We would need to update the rules to reflect the blogs feature, but we would enforce the same standard there as we would expect on the forums.

sure they do as will be the case with this forum.
i say its a great idea and besides there's nothing to lose but everything to gain with that idea.
though as i already said due to my limited knowledge i wont be able to add much , lets see (maybe something from my project).
Thanks for the endorsement recca, the Admin and Mods will be discussing the matter further and will come to some conclusions shortly. We will, as always, bring this to the community before action.

Dave

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
As long as the blog post does not breach the existing rules for the forums (which are freely accessible and applicable to all), then the blog posts can be at the discretion of the author. We expect that the blogs will reflect the general interest of the users of AAC, namely as electronics enthusiasts, but there is no restriction other than the rules.
I'm looking forward then.

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
Is it really so Firestorm? You have around 315 posts on this forum. Guess what, they are all blogs! For me blogging is merely putting text on the internet in any capacity or situation. Blogging can be discussions, or simply putting down ideas/thoughts/analysis on webspace.

dave:
I feel blogging includes all those attributes you mentioned in the beginning of this thread.

Intrigued by the idea of blogging when I first heard of it, I decided to maintain my own blogspace on blogger.com. Left it after one week!
For me blogging is to engage in discussions, good healthy ones. Blogging merely 'for the sake of blogging' does'nt quite suit me! ;)
It does make sense, yet forums are less of a hassle to me it seems likes. In my defense of not a big blogger, my 300 something post are over a span of about 3 years ;).

jpitz31

Joined Oct 24, 2007
As Dave does, I like to read blogs and forums to gather technical data. I do keep a project blog, but do not have major amounts of time to just do idle chatter.

Nor do I like to do IM either.

ThingMaker3, very small world, My wife is a MFT psychologist, she has little time to journal or blog, feels it a waste of time.

I keep several technical blogs in my bookmarks, but again just to gather technical info.

I keep up with the Make Mag blog, but mostly for fun and to ideas for projects.

Thanks

Joe

FredM

Joined Dec 27, 2005
I would certainly blog here.. Never done blogging, but was prolific on boards years ago... Stopped because I found it so addictive that instead of working I spent all my time posting + reading messages.. Nearly caused me bancrupcy..

Then, I got this email, reminding me about AAC.. So I visited the site again.. And, Damn you, I am completely hooked again!

These sites should come with a health (no.. wealth) warning!!